Holistic Diagnostic Tools
Introduction to Holistic Diagnostic Tools
A Holistic Diagnostic tool is to help Change agents to work with an organization to develop strategies for improvement.
They can be used by both internal and external consultants and advisers.
Holistic Change & Growth
All organizations, large and small, are facing increasing pressure for higher levels of productivity, return on investment, shareholder value and other measures of performance.
These sometimes conflicting pressures create increasingly complex demands for decision making – the number of choices are high, and so are the risks of getting it wrong. To help navigate the way many organization need some simple tools that help to generate knowledge, develop understanding and identify action.
That’s where the RapidBI Business Improvement Review (BIR) comes in.
The BIR is a simple tool that adds value by taking stock of the current situation (where are we now), identifying future needs and helping to identify the gaps between the two contexts. This provides a focus for effective decision making to be applied on high value areas. The same process can then be used to measure how far you have travelled.
Purpose of Holistic Diagnostic Tools
The Business Improvement Review (BIR) from RapidBI provides you with a robust and proven added value holistic diagnostic that drives business improvement through ownership (Knowledge, Understanding and Action) and simple change management approaches.
Helping to identify the ‘burning issue’ business critical factors through a proven process, field-tested with more than 400 organizations, the tool provides a basis for focused interventions that address the needs of the organization.
By concentrating on the ‘vital few’ issues that really make a difference energy and effort are harnessed to bring about effective change. A holistic diagnostic tool can help identify the vital few for a given organization.
In fact more than 80% of organizations that have participated have introduced beneficial change. An important feature of the tool is its flexibility.
Unique to the BIR process is the concept of change management in a holistic context.
The facilitated process translates data, gathered from multiple sources, to action addressing key concerns. Using a broadly based business model enables effective decision making by placing data into context of a complete view of the organization.
Perceptions of a wide audience, including third parties such as customers and suppliers, can be contrasted giving additional perspectives that can endorse or challenge the prevailing view of the business. Business diagnostic tools provide a basis for taking a ‘reality check’ and establishing clarity between stakeholders.
Some diagnostic tools offer the ability to graphically compare a diagnostic process taken one year, with another and the ability to measure progress. From a change point of view this is helpful as change to many organizations often feels relentless with little or no visible progress.
Benefits of using the RapidBI BIR:
- Credibility from functional parts of the organization
- Cost effective
- Enables inclusion of third party feedback
- Structured around business purpose -provides solid view using established business model
- Engages participation, active and pragmatic not academic
- Field developed and field proven with over 400 SMEs and large companies
- Choice of approach to suit the business context
- Builds adviser and client relationships
- Develops a shared context for understanding the business
- Involves co-creation of business solutions & leads to more effective interventions
- Positions advisers as strategic partners
- Develops a platform for longer-term strategic involvement
- Builds credibility and is seen as adding real value
- Provides a clear focus on business improvement and sets the agenda for change
- Ability to compare progress since the last company survey – internal and external benchmarking.
For more information on the BIR business diagnostic tool set see our products page or the BIR micro site.