Help – downloading my ZIP file keeps timing out
All of our products are in a zip format. This is for two reasons:
- Reduce the file download size
- Ease – some of our products contain multiple file & this means one download
Some users have reported problems in accessing their files. In which case we need to do a little trouble shooting. Usually it is the setting in IE – 80% of the cause:
How to enable file download in Internet Explorer 8
- Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking Start, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, click on Internet, and then click the Custom level button.
- Scroll down to the Downloads category, and set File download to Enable.
- Click OK, and then click Yes.
Use the “Fix it” utility in the article below to reset the Internet Explorer settings.
Other options are to talk to your ISP as they may server side block zip files.
If you would like us to provide an alternative download address please contact us using the “contact us2 form and list your transaction number.