RapidBI operations policy- safety quality, environmental, ethical
As a small and lean organization, we often do not feel the need for written statements or policy. We feel our actions are better than rhetoric. Having said that this page highlights some of our intentions.
As a small organization we welcome clients to test all our our teams – be them employees, contracted or even our suppliers.
We don’t just say it we do it.
Health and Safety policy statement
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 imposes certain obligations on an employer not only to take all such actions as are reasonable to safeguard the health and safety of their employees, but also to be able to show that they are doing so, by producing adequate written policies and procedures. RapidBI fully accepts its responsibilities under the Act.
The Act refers to what is reasonable in given working situations. All staff and associates of RapidBI will:
- Assess the risks in the workplace.
- Have written health and safety procedures [where there are five or more employees/ associates on a project].
- Ensure that the workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting and staff facilities.
- Ensure safe and clear access to and egress from the building, including fire exits.
- Regularly check the premises room by room for structural defects, worn fixture and fittings or electrical equipment, and take the necessary remedial action.
- Ensure that all equipment is suitable for its intended use and is properly maintained and used.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the fire procedure and regular fire drills are carried out.
- Ensure that all members of staff are aware of the procedure in case of accidents.
- Ensure that all members of staff are aware of and carry out their health and safety responsibilities as set out in their job descriptions.
- Prohibit any contractor working on the premises without prior discussion with the officer in charge to negate any risks to the staff or users.
- Provide appropriate protective clothing (PPE) [where required].
The Management considers this matter of such importance, that breach of health and safety procedures by staff constitutes misconduct and will be dealt with as a disciplinary matter.
Employees will also be made aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and will:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others around them.
- Co-operate with the employer on matters of health and safety
- Use work equipment correctly
The associates and employees of RapidBI Ltd, are personally committed to understanding, meeting and, when possible, exceed our Customer’s Requirements through the continuous improvement of our processes. We ensure that quality monitoring is integrated in our own project reviews as well as those with our clients.
Our commitment internally ensures our team right throughout the business has the skills and experience to deal with your organization efficiently and professionally. We are committed to continuing professional development and this includes up-skilling and certification in new & existing models, methods, tools etc in the market such as Creatrix™ BIR™ DiSC, SDI, MSQ, OCE, MBTI, 16PF, SL & SLII and many more.
We are dedicated to delivering defect-free product on-time at the most competitive cost possible.
Environmental Policy Statement
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimize our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as practicable
- Paper and printing –
- never to use laser printers to reduce chemical impact on the environment,
- to use CI systems with inkjet printers,
- to use recycled and sustainable papers where possible.
- Minimize energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimize our consumption of natural resources, being especially vigilant where they are non-renewable
- Operate and maintain company (and personal) vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it required
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned
Update, our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
Social Accountability/ Responsibility Policy
RapidBI and its associates recognize the need for social responsibility and accountability and are committed to the following:
- Health and safety management for our employees, contractors, visitors and the public
- Recognizing the right of employees and associates to freedom of association and collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees and associates on the grounds of sex, race, colour, religion or age
- Disciplinary practices in accordance with the ACAS Code of Conduct
- Working hours in accordance with the European Union’s Working Time Directive
- Ensuring no child or forced labour exists within our suppliers or supply chain
- That our suppliers are not involved in the arms trade
RapidBI will endeavour to comply with all applicable legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe.
In the event of RapidBI having to invoke its late payment clause, or any other penalty, RapidBi will donate 100% of any monies to its nominated charities (nominally The British Red Cross – and community based projects aimed at educating young people). RapidBI do not aim to prosper from the poor management processes of others.
Management are committed to ensuring continual improvement in corporate social responsibility and accountability as well as labour conditions.
Ethics Policy Statement
The proper operation of a consulting organization that employees and associates be independent, impartial and equally responsible to all of the people and our customers. It is mandatory that the decisions and policies of the company and a given project team be made within the proper channels of structure; that facilities or employment or contract not be used for personal gain; and that our clients have confidence in the integrity of employees and associates alike.
Consistent with company policy, high moral and ethical standards are established for employees and associates to assure trust, respect and confidence of the people in our clients. A fair and open contract requires that RapidBI’s business be conducted in a manner that preserves the integrity of the contract process and avoids any conflict of interest and ethical concerns.
In addition all employees and associates shall conform to their occupation’s professional ethics.
Disclosure of a potential conflict of interest is required at the earliest possible time.
Possible conflicts or ethics violations may include, but not limited to:
- Misuse of position/ knowledge
- Improper gifts (gratuities)
- Improper use or disclosure of information
- Improper influence in contracts
- Aiding in a violation (collusion)
- Relatives in the client (nepotism)
- Political activities while in work status
- Any other activities that reflect unfavorably upon the company