Housekeeping Infection Control Checklist
On this weeks The Food Inspector on BBC1, we were shown even more reasons to be careful about the food that we eat & buy.
The management of infections and illness can also be helped by the cleaning of public and private areas in a range of establishments, especially where food is either purchased or consumed.
- Ensure appropriate personal protective clothing is worn
- Clean all furniture and fittings with General Purpose Detergent
- Clean curtain tracks and all high level ledges with General Purpose Detergent
- Damp dust door handles and structural surfaces first, then furnishings
- Clean equipment with General Purpose Detergent
- Clean all bathrooms/shower room fixtures and fittings with General Purpose Detergent
- Mop the floor with General Purpose Detergent
- Place all waste into an appropriate waste bag
- Empty waste bin and reline with new waste bag
- Mark waste according to local policy and place for disposal
- Thoroughly clean all cleaning equipment and allow to dry
- Replenish supplies as necessary.
- Remove apron and gloves and discard into an appropriate waste bag
- Wash hands or use a clinical hand gel
Refer to manufacturers’ instructions for use of all cleaning chemicals