How to get seen on LinkedIn. Having a LinkedIn profile is one thing. Leveraging it and have it work for you is quite another.
Over the years I have used LinkedIn a lot, and would like to share with you some simple things you can do to to make LinkedIn work for you in a proactive way.
I would love to hear your views on this.
Links to the LinkedIn Group – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8447484/
Script for the Get Seen on LinkedIn Video:
In this video I want share some proven secrets for you to easily raise your LinkedIn profile, and to generate more opportunities.
These are Tips that many LinkedIn gurus do not talk about.
Hello My name is Mike Morrison & I am the innovation and disruption coach at RapidBI
What is the point of LinkedIn?
It is simple – to be FOUND
it is to increase your opportunities, be that employment or business development.
For most it should NOT be your exclusive strategy.
I have to assume at this point that you do have a complete profile:
Strong sub heading,
all of your employments,
clearly showing what you achieved (not what you were responsible for)
ALL the skills you have
What you might not have done yet is cleaned up your URL – having a vanity URL is important – change it now
The real secret to LinkedIn is to understand that LinkedIn is a search engine.
When people look for “project managers” or any other job role, they get a list.
Those search results are a list that is ordered by LinkedIn.
The great thing is we can influence that list order.
When LinkedIn used to show us statistics of our views, and ranking, it became clear that the successful could be created.
Over a period of months I checked and tested things that made a difference.
I invited others to join me.
They also improved their results, meaning often they started getting approached for jobs when before they did not.
Now here comes the belief part
Linkedin stopped showing us those statistics.
But they still have a search, and that search is ranked.
My approach suggests the original metrics are still valid – it is just that we cannot see them easily.
LinkedIn does have a thing called the Social Selling Index, or SSI
check out your score before you try what I suggest, and then check again after a month.
This will help show you some progress.
So what is the secret sauce?
The real secrets to LinkedIn success –
Something most so called linkedin experts wont tell you it is all about activity. And there are some short cuts or ways to give you a competitive advantage
This is what you need to do –
- View the profiles of others – at least 10-20+ a day
- Like the posts and comments of others – – at least 10+ a day
- Comment – a comment is worth more “points” than a like – so comment often. Comment and use key words to your industry – at least 30 a week
Keep doing this, every few days – little and often, and after 4-6 weeks you will see a change in your position in search results.
We have a group on linkedin called team mike pay it forwards – that helps boost this – it does work.
On the screen you would have seen some of the quotes from people that do this and know it works.
Don’t just sit there and expect LinkedIn to work for you
Get active and make sure it supports your goals.
Please remember – LinkedIn should be just a small part of your overall strategy – not THE strategy!
For more information visit rapidbi.com and search for my articles about Linkedin
- I hadn’t considered that either “secret” would be that important. Eureka!
- This is a little embarrassing to admit but my profile views have gone up 2500% since last week.
- went from 31% to top 2%
- Up 1250%, among top 5%. :)
- This has definitely helped me as well! Profile views are up by 1450% and I’m in the top 5%
- This is so amazing! Checked my profile view stats and shows that I rank #1 among professionals like me and #4 among my University
- I’m number 4 in professionals like me (up 21%)
- Profile views up 2,300% – Speechless! Thank you everyone, I have viewed 25 of you today. It’s also just plain fun and I feel like I am giving back if I can help others in their search. Blessings to all…
- Top 16% from 31% :) Thanks everyone
- Top 10 ranking now! And got a message for an interview. Thnx everyone
- In the top 12% now! :) Thank you everyone once again. Special thanks to Mike Morrison FCIPD for this amazing post.
- loving the 289% profile view increase
- Thanks Mike for this post, I can’t tell you how much this has helped. I’m in the top %1 of the company I work for and top %3 of my connections
- My list of ‘professionals like me’ places me now at number 2, I was at number 75 before starting this process
- A quick update on how effective this is:
Professionals like you 29/100 up 59%
My connections 65/228 up 49%
That’s in just 3 days. I also received an unsolicited invitation to meet with a local company later this week
- A quick update on how effective this is:
- Mike thanks for the informative post. I have been actively working my profile and now my status puts me at #3 in profile views/rank relative to my profession in publishing. I’ll be happy to work the views for other posting in this group. With more views…I hope to reach #1. Cheers!
- Thanks to this thread I’m now #1 out of 97 professional in my field. A week ago I was #25. I am now #65 in my overall network, a week ago I was #268
- When I started this a week ago out of 10000 <company name> Employees I was around the 9000 mark for profile views and this morning I was ranked 9 for # of profile views. Thanks Mike Morrison
- ok #1 ranking in professionals like me and #30 ranking in network.. not bad for a few day effort!
- Up to top 14% rank of my peers. I have moved up 2% within 2 days. Continuing to view profiles which again I will add is very interesting and enlightening. Thank you.