What’s your cause? – Goal setting for 2010
Prompted by this:
Instead of writing goals this year, can you define your cause? Goals create actions which might have an effect. Causes create effects, making the goals that arise more fluid, adaptable and meaningful. Marcia Reynolds
It got me thinking about new Year goals and resolutions. Every year it is the same, every self and personal development guru says that now is the time to clear out the old and set up the new, and less than a month into the new year most of us have stopped doing what we promised. Ok so lets start by doing something different….
- Don’t wait till the 1st of Jan – if you are going to change… change TODAY… NOW!
- Make it small and make it for YOUR reasons, something YOU really want for you
- Start by finding your CAUSE and work in this order….
What is your cause in 2009 and beyond…?
- Cause – who, what and why are you working for?
- Aims – what is it that you want to achieve
- U – It cannot happen without you
- S-MARTer – make sure that everything you set out to achieve is SMARTer
- Ethical – balanced ecologically and with your financial and family needs
Start with your cause – have two – one internal and one external
Management and Leadership development are importent to you and of course to the team here at RapidBI. We hope you find this information valuable, if you do please tweet or facebook like this page. Thanks
Check Out Mike Morrison's Book on Organizational Development - Theory and Practice, for tools and tips on developing organizations, managers and leaders on Amazon and Kindle
Read more management articles from the team
Tweets by @RapidBI