Jelly – A Semi-Weekly Work Together
Today I received an interesting tweet about “#Jelly”. This got me interested and I stared a little research. In essence, Jelly is a way for people that work on their own to have a social connection – work colleagues if you like.
The site that co-ordinates groups (http://jellynyc.pbworks.com/) says this:
Some Jellies are in people’s homes (that’s how it started), others are in coffee shops and businesses.You bring your laptop and some work, and Jelly provides wifi, a chair, and smart people to bounce ideas off of and collaborate with.
What a fantastic and wonderful idea. It is so easy for those working alone to “under perform” and miss opportunities as they lack the social interactions and ideas of colleagues. This I suspect is the way forward as more and more people work from home and work in a freelance capacity.
Having a regular opportunity of working together with like minded people, share thoughts, get ideas, solve problems will I am sure make the difference for some individuals in the decision “stay working on my own or go back to employment?”
What coffee chain will be the first to set up regular Jelly events in all their outlets? It will make good sense for them, and increase their customer base – Starbucks, Costa Coffee, Coffee Republic, Caffè Nero, McDonald’s, Whetherspoon etc… In marketing its all about being first – so who will be first? Come on marketing people, if you like my idea run with it (I will only want free coffee for life ;))
Read more at – http://workatjelly.com/
Twitter – if tweeting about Jelly – use the hashtag #jellyWT (Jelly Working Together)
- Acton, London Amovita Writers Jelly – Twitter @elizabethcairns
- Banbury Jelly – @ Colin Sanders Innovation Centre. Details & booking here
- Bristol and Bath, UK
- Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK let us know you’re interested. Twitter: @BradfordJelly.
- Cardiff, UK Jelly at indycube, Cardiff we have regular bi-monthly jelly’s at indycube. Tickets available here.
- Cambridge , UK at BeginSpace
- Chiltern Jelly New group launching soon in South Beds/Bucks/Herts borders. Interested? e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet @chilternjelly
- Clitheroe, Lancashire – Jelly Up North the Grand Clitheroe twitter@RuralUK
- Cotswold Jelly Cheltenham – at The Norwood Arms, Leckhampton. Details and booking here
- Cotswold Jelly Stroud – The Social Enterprise Centre at The Excha nge, Details and booking here
- Cotswold Jelly Gloucester – at Gloucestershire Media Group Details and booking here
- Dundee, Scotland – coming SOON. get in touch @alisonhendo if you are interested.
- Edinburgh, Scotland Twitter: @themeltingpoted
- Edinburgh, Scotland New Jelly at Edinburgh screenWORKS starts 25/06/10 & every last Friday of the month 1pm -6pm
- Faversham, Kent, UK New Jelly wobbling its way to Faversham soon. Twitter: @oliviaholcombe
- Fitzrovia, London, UK
- Frome, Somerset Next Jelly to be announced soon
- Glossop, Derbyshire – coming SOON. Get in touch through Twitter with @porld
- Hackney, London, UK Every Thursday 10am till 6pm at SPACE
- Hertfordshire Jelly, UK Inaugural Herts Jelly in Letchworth Garden City – to be announced soon.
- Holt, near Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire Next Jelly to be announced soon
- Ilminster, Somerset, UK Ilminster Jellies are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month. For regular jelly updates follow @emmersons on twitter. Details & booking here
- Leeds, UK Every first Tuesday 10am to noon at Old Broadcasting House (coworking + networking meetup – see http://opencoffeeleeds.eventbrite.com)
- Leicester, UK
- London, UK Every Friday “Greenwich Jelly” 10am-6pm in Greenwich Communication Centre http://www.greenwichcc.com Like our GCC Facebook Page at http://tiny.cc/bkkxh
- London, NW2 (Willesden Green) Jelly at MoHoLo Community House Regular Jelly events at our community house. Next Jelly is on 4 June 2010
- London, WC1 (King’s Cross) Jelly every Wednesday 1pm to 5pm at Centre for Creative Collaboration, 16 Acton St, WC1X 9NG follow @lloyddavis & @brian_condon #c4cc
- Berkshire, UK – @ Crowthorne Enterprise Centre. Details & booking here
- Manchester, UK
- Plymouth, UK
- Reading, Berkshire, UK – 1st Wednesday in the month. Like our Facebook page for more details.
- Shropshire, UK – held in Ironbridge (9to5 & 5to9), Oswestry (9to5) and Ludlow (NEW 9to5) and COMING SOON – Shrewsbury Jelly. Book via http://www.eventbrite.com and search for ‘Shropshire Jelly’. Follow @ShropshireJelly on Twitter for latest news/info.
- Southend, UK
- Taunton, Somerset, UK @ The Genesis Centre, Somerset College, Taunton, Somerset. Details & booking here
- Thames Valley Jelly
- West Mids Jelly, West Bromwich, UK
- West Mids Jelly, Telford, UK : Telford Business Centre. http://twitter.com/WestMidsJelly or book a place on http://bit.ly/bR1W87
- Yeovil, Somerset, UK Yeovil Jellies are held on the 4th Wednesday of the month. Follow @emmersons on twitter. Details & booking here
See the site for details of other groups & their meets